Good morning,
I'm back from a trip to see my parents and siblings in the Boston area. I hope that you were able to find the Ordo listing the readings for the month of October in a previous posting so that, if you wanted to follow the Book of Common Prayer (Canada 1962) readings you were able to find them.
Here are some verses from today's lesson to meditate upon
Psalm 71
1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
2 Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
8 Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
21 Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
22 I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.
Psalm 72
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.
18 Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
Colossians 4
5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
May you walk in wisdom, redeeming the time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home