The disadvantages of not starting the day with prayer
Here is is 9:40 a.m. and I have only just finished posting Morning Prayer. I have not done it yet. I've been up since 7:00 a.m., but I've read the newspaper, surfed the net, read and answered email. Now the mail has arrived with bills to pay, a cheque to enter into my bookkeeping spreadsheet and later deposit.
How do I feel? Anxious. Scattered. Like I have too much to do and too little time.
Why do I do this, when I know how much better I will feel, how much more productive my day will be, how much more I might have the opportunity to really minister something of God's grace to others if I start the day in prayer?
Enough whining. I'm heading into my garden to force myself to set aside this anxiety and do the readings and the prayers. Join me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home