Good morning,
You'll find the whole pattern for Morning Prayer this morning, with the hyperlinks for the readings inserted where they belong. This pattern is close to what would be said this morning in our little cathedral here in Ottawa. Sometimes I do only the Scripture readings, but other days, especially when I don't want to spend time in prayer at all, I find it saluatory to read everything except the Scripture readings (in the hyperlinks) out loud, especially the Te Deum, the Apostles' Creed and the Lord's Prayer.
I love the way Morning Prayer opens with a request to God that He open our lips. I love the way God is praised. So, when I'm troubled, feeling out of sorts, and God seems far away, I find that if I ask Him to open my lips, my mouth will show forth His praise.
I wish you the best this morning as you allow Jesus to be your High Priest, praying within you, interceding for you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home