Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Good morning,

I've been thinking a lot about rebellion in the last couple of days. Rebellion in myself. Rebellion in society. Rebellion against God. Rebellion against my own good intentions. I've noticed that when I storyboard the week, things go as a mentally rehearse them (not exactly, but far closer than if I just drift), but towards the end of the week, say Friday, I'll have an "I don't feel like it" moment, or a "Let's pig out" moment and ....I often find myself following through with what I can only describe as rebellious impulses, because they do not fit in with the self-controlled, moderate person I want to be.

Then, I look at rebellion in society. I was reading an article in the Action Life newsletter about rational arguments against abortion and I realized that most people will not sit still for a rational argument that might tear down their beliefs that abortion is an inalienable right because rebellion animates their belief. From my experience, those who support "Choice" are really saying, "Don't tell me what to do!". The rebellious self bridles at any restrictions and no longer hears rational argument.

Rebellion. It started in the Garden of Eden. We inherited a rebellious nature. God says that rebellion is as witchcraft.

May I choose to obey and submit to God rather than rebel.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home